Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why Sarah Palin carried Trig on stage with her

Conservative commentator and former chairman of the Virginia Republican Party Kate Obenshain was interviewed last November by the Wabash Conservative Union. During the interview, she was asked about former Governor Sarah Palin:
What is your opinion on Sarah Palin as a woman and as a conservative?

Sarah Palin has suffered the most grossly sexist treatment of any woman on the public scene that I have ever witnessed. Most of it is coming from the Left – from those supposedly open-minded, tolerant, feminists, or progressive men who claim to be so high and open-minded. It reveals their cause is a complete and utter sham. Their entire careers have been built on something false because they do not believe in equality for all women. They believe in equity and supremacy for liberal women. It has nothing to do with all women. Conservative women suffer more scorn and contempt than any [other] women do – it’s appalling. Coming from the perspective of a, not hockey, but a soccer mom, I love Sarah Palin. I love the image she projects. I love her confidence in being a mother and being proud to carry her infant son onto the stage. You don’t see women in the spotlight doing that – ever. Some people think it’s a weakness to have a baby and act in your role as a mother. Gov. Palin is saying it is not only OK; it is essential that we put our children first in our lives. That’s why she carries baby Trig on stage.

Do you think Gov. Palin was a good choice for John McCain?

I think she was the best choice for John McCain.
- JP

2 comments:

  1. For that reason alone, women will purchase Gov. Palin's book by the truck load. I think it is a safe bet that two thirds or more of those buying and reading Going Rogue will be women of all ages, and that is what has the left in a panic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bringing my babies to work and I love seeing photos of Sarah and her children in the work place (political arena). Our society is not tolerent of babies in the work place and it should be. I myself like setting the example in my own little world.

    ReplyDelete