Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sarah Palin to Barbara Walters: I Could Beat Obama

*
Gov. Palin has said in two high-profile interviews this week that she is seriously considering becoming a candidate for the White House. She replied, "I am," to reporter Robert Draper's question asking if she was considering a 2012 run.
"I'm engaged in the internal deliberations candidly, and having that discussion with my family, because my family is the most important consideration here."
Draper interviewed the 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate for a New York Times Magazine cover story to be printed Sunday.

Gov. Palin also told ABC's Barbara Walters that she is seriously weighing a run, and she believes she could beat President Obama in 2012:

"I'm looking at the lay of the land now, and ... trying to figure that out, if it's a good thing for the country, for the discourse, for my family, if it's a good thing," Palin said in an interview scheduled to air in full Dec. 9 on ABC as part of Walters' "10 Most Fascinating People" of 2010.

Asked Walters: "If you ran for president, could you beat Barack Obama?"

"I believe so," Palin said.
The full Sarah Palin interview will air Dec. 9 at 9PM CST on "Barbara Walters' 10 Most Fascinating People" special.

- JP

No comments:

Post a Comment