Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gov Palin: Bristol will know to trust but verify

*
Bristol Palin has confirmed the rumors that she has finally seen the light about the darkness of Levi Johnston:
"It's over. I broke up with him," Bristol Palin tells PEOPLE exclusively of her second try at an engagement to Levi Johnston, father of her 19-month-old son Tripp.
The eldest Palin daughter says she was really hit hard by the lack of remorse on Johnston's part:
"The final straw was him flying to Hollywood for what he told me was to see some hunting show but come to find out it was that music video mocking my family," she says. "He's just obsessed with the limelight and I got played."

Reps for Johnston did not return calls seeking comment.
Governor Palin says that Bristol has learned from life a lesson that Ronald Reagan was famous for teaching:
"I wish for Bristol to be able to move forward in life with her same forgiving, gracious, optimistic spirit, but from henceforth she'll know to trust but verify. Bristol is strong, she is independent, and she knows what is right for her son."

Bristol says she's not giving up hope of a safe and happy two-parent home for Tripp. "I have faith that I'll find it. Through this whole experience I know I need a man who's going to be completely honest with me and someone who loves me and Tripp and wants to be with him all the time. I also want someone who has religious beliefs and a good family."
Those are encouraging signs of maturity for this young lady. Kids are forced to grow up much too quickly in our media-dominated modern day society. Our prayers, as always, are with her and her family.

- JP

3 comments:

  1. Wise decision, Bristol. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for her that she finally woke up and smelled the coffee (an old Ann Landers comment - shows you how old I am).

    As a parent and grand parent, I know how hard it is to watch your children make mistakes - and they all do, no child is perfect. You try to advise them, based on your own life experiences, but sometimes you just have to watch them make the mistakes and let them learn the hard way.

    Love is a very strong emotion and it often makes otherwise sensible people, do very strange things. I would hope that Bristol decides to return the money US magazine paid her - or her portion of it. If they don't take the money back, I hope she donates it a good charitable cause. And I truly hope she can find that man who can provide a stable and loving family for her and Tripp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't blame the girl at all for wanting to perhaps salvage something redemptive for the sake of her child or her own heart -- even though I really could not believe that she would countenance this clown after what he did to her family on the national stage. Still, if he came to her in what "seemed" like genuine remorse, everyone deserves a second chance. Yes, they do. I was also very leery of the fact that they broadcast the "reunion" in a crap-mag like US. Bad move, but I suspect whatshisface was behind that scheme.

    What a scumbag, that guy. I feel for Bristol. Tough situation, but she has her wonderful mom and dad and grandparents and extended family to surround her. And for all the liberals out there who are calling her and the family "white trash" on 'comments boards', I say that a dark day is coming for those progressive degenerate fruits in their coffee-houses and their bitter, zombie-fied false sense of superiority. A dark, dark and very much deservedly bleak day.

    ReplyDelete