Friday, October 2, 2009

Meet blogger Liberty Belle

The Liberty Pen is a blog which features interviews of other bloggers, and the interview with the Liberty Belle caught our attention. Here are a couple of Sarah Palin-related excerpts from the interview:
LP: There seems to be a surge in personal blogs that center around political thought, how would you differentiate your blog from other blogs?

LB: When I write I like to make sure my writing isn't just generic political vomit. I know there are thousands of political blogs out there, and thousands of conservatives all talking about the most recent political outrage, so I like to bring my unique point of view, my unique experiences and share those. Especially since I'm young, I think it's more interesting for the older readers to see conservatism from a young point of view. I'm also an Alaskan, so the Sarah Palin controversy is very close to home. It's one of the issues that first sparked me to come out as a conservative. Let me tell you, Palin-bashing was my liberal college friend's favorite activity last year.

[...]

LP: Who is your favorite political leader and why?

LB: Of all time, I would have to say George Washington. Having learned about the man and his hand in our nation's birth, I am very awed to live in a country with such incredible Founders. I would be thrilled to meet any of the Founders, but it is certainly a special place to have occupied the first presidency of this great nation.

Of more recent times, I am of course a fan of Ronald Reagan. I think right now Sarah Palin is my favorite political leader. She understands corruption that occurs in government and is unafraid to remove it at the root. She says what she believes, doesn't coat it in syrupy rhetoric, and loves this country (which is more than I think I can say about some political leaders...). I am glad that she doesn't do things the conventional way. The conventional way is straight corruption.
Interesting concept at The Liberty Pen, and the Liberty Belle is an interesting blogger. Read the full interview here.

- JP

No comments:

Post a Comment