Saturday, February 5, 2011

Excerpts from the transcript of CBN's Sarah Palin interview

"It seems that 3am White House phone call went right to the answering machine"
*
Here are some excerpts from the transcript of the exclusive interview with Gov. Palin for The Brody File on CBN News:
“Who’s going to fill the void... in the government [of Egypt after Mubarek]. Is it going to be the Muslim Brotherhood? We should not stand for that, or with that or by that. Any radical Islamists, no that is not who we should be supporting and standing by, so we need to find out who was behind all of the turmoil and the revolt and the protests so that good decisions can be made in terms of who we will stand by and support.”

“It’s a difficult situation, this is that 3am White House phone call and... it seems that that call went right to um the answering machine. And... we know that now more than ever, we need strength and sound mind there in the White House. We need to know what it is that America stands for so we know who it is that America will stand with.

“I think much of the mainstream media is already becoming irrelevant. Because there is not balance in many cases, David, there is not truth coming out of the mainstream media and I know that first hand, I live it everyday... We’re so far from being able to trust what so many of the mainstream media personalities, characters, feed the American public that it scares me for our country.”

“You know, I’m reminded so often of 2 Timothy 1:7 knowing that God does not give us a spirit of timidity or of fear, but he gives us a spirit of power and love and a sound mind... just calling on that verse, reminding myself over and over again what God promises, that gets me through the tough times.”

“Well, I’ve never attended a CPAC conference ever so I was a little taken aback this go around when I couldn’t make it to this one either and then there was a speculation well I either agree or disagree with some of the groups or issues that CPAC is discussing. It really is a matter of time for me... I look at participation in an event like CPAC... as the more information that people have the better.”

[More]
- JP

Video clips from the interview will be posted on The Brody File Blog on CBN's website sunday night, and the full television interview will air on The 700 Club Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting that they posted the second excerpt, omitted the first, then edited the hell out of it and then made it seem really out of context. Nevertheless, it seems great that Sarah out of all GOPers has taken this sensible stand. It shows her wisdom and will convince many that she'll be able to handle foreign policy much better than anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the one who excerpted them. I did so because it is copyrighted material. As "Fair Use," I'm allowed to excerpt, but I can only reproduce a limited amount of the material. Aside from legal considerations, there are also ethical issues. I always excerpt material this way and try to provide two links to the source and include the word "More" to indicate that what I am posting is excerpted. Anyone who want to read all of the material only has to click on a link to do so.

    - JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Josh, before we got all this material out only the second paragraph was floating around the Net including Hot Air and that too with weird editing. I am so glad, you've given us a bigger context and allowed us to see what she really said.

    ReplyDelete