Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ray Gross: Sarah and the San Francisco Poster Wars

"I know the truth about Sarah Palin"
*
Ray Gross, who is gay and lives in San Francisco, has had to come out of the the closet a second time. He's a conservative, and he knows the truth about Sarah Palin:
During the 2008 primary the Liberal Left and the Democrats exposed who they really are. What was done to Hillary Clinton by the Democratic Party and the complicit media shook me out of my old belief system. I broke free from the self-limiting anger and hate created by the left and the media towards the right.

For years I accepted the leftist line. Things I never cared about trying to make sense of, or tried to form my own real opinions about, suddenly became important to me.

[...]

With my new awareness of myself and the world around me, I decided to keep my eyes open for someone I can trust, someone who represents truth, honesty, goodness, and above all, strength of character.

Enter Sarah Palin. The moment I heard her speak, I knew she was special. There was an unmistakable honesty and strength about her. All hell broke loose on the left when she entered the scene. The ferociousness and vileness of the attacks towards her comforted me because I know how the left operates. She was telling the truth, and in doing so was exposing the underlying falsehoods of their belief system. This is when the left always lashes out, it is their gut reaction to their fear of being exposed, and anger and hate speech are their weapons.

If you look at the response and reaction to Sarah Palin from the left, you will realize that this isn't just about political views. Their intense, over-the-top reaction to everything she says and does is because they know she holds the truth that threatens to destabilize their world.

[...]

At the crack of dawn I went to that fence, and pasted over the vile and angry posters of Governor Palin with another poster. A poster of Sarah, with hands clasped in front of her looking up in prayerful thanks, her smile genuine, her eyes sparkling. Behind her is the same sunburst design found on a well known Harvey Milk poser from the seventies. I wanted to neutralize the left, not only by highlighting their own anger in a peaceful way, but by using their own liberal symbols to showcase Sarah Palin in a positive light.

[...]

There will be a time very soon when we will all be called on to be patriotic Davids - called to fight the Goliath left. We have choices on how we are going to respond to anger and vicious lies. We can be lured to respond to their negativity with negativity. Or we can respond in a positive and creative way. I chose to not allow myself to be baited into responding with anger and negativity. After all, I have the best role model in the world about how to respond to the left - with poise and grace and courage. It drives them crazy because it highlights their anger and hypocrisy.

[More]
- JP

No comments:

Post a Comment