Sunday, August 15, 2010

Post-Sick-Leave Reflections

*
Your editor is just about back up to speed following the recent illness and my first thoughts on the future of this blog. Thanks to those who have written to offer get well wishes, other words of encouragement or simply to ask how you can help.

The short answer to that question is to make a donation to our two blogs. All donations are welcome and deeply appreciated, no matter how small or large. Some have made donations last week ranging from $15 to $50. But even a $5 contribution is helpful. To donate, look in the sidebar to the right of the page. Scrolling down, you'll see a blue screen icon which reads "Donate." Just above the screen is a button labeled "Make a Donation." Clicking on that button takes you to a secure PayPal screen.

Those who can't afford to make a cash donation can help out in other ways. Some of our regular readers send us tips to news and opinion items about Gov Palin, and those are also greatly appreciated. We're also always on the lookout for good writers. Sorry, only experienced bloggers who are Texas-based are being considered. There's just no room in my time budget to train an apprentice. If you really want to get into the blogging game, I recommend that you create a blog of your own and start posting on it and building it up into something you can be proud of.

And speaking of the time budget, starting next month, mine is going to stretched considerably. We have a new Catholic FM radio station in the area, and I have volunteered my services to help out with it. I've got 20+ years of experience in nearly all phases of the radio business, and I'm looking forward to putting it to use for something which has become of paramount importance in my life.

When I became a Catholic, I was encouraged to give something back to the church. I can think of no better way to do this or any way I am better qualified than to help out with the new radio station. Obviously, I'm doing what I can for Gov. Palin because I believe she can do more than any other person to help save the republic I love so much and which has given me so much. I feel the same way about my spiritual life as I do about political life, only more so. My personal code is faith, family and flag -- in that order. This country has given me much, and the church has given me even more, leading me back to God and filling a spiritual void that had been in my life for far too long. What greater gift is there than the blessed sacrifice which makes possible the salvation of one's very soul?

A balancing act will be called for beginning in September. I'll make every effort to keep blogging at a high level, but I won't have quite the number of hours available each day to put into it as in the past. I'll try to sleep less and get more work done during the late night hours. We will see how it all works out. The biggest help will be if I can find some reliable contributors who can take some of the load off of yours truly.

So Texas for Sarah Palin, the Book of Sarah and the Blogs 4 Palin blogroll will all continue. Since some of you have invested in this blog, I'm obligated to give you good value as a return on your investment. And I'll do so as long as contributions keep coming in. But that Catholics for Palin blog I've been wanting to launch will probably have to stay on the back burner, at least for now. Thanks again for those who wrote this past week for your encouragement and your donations.

God bless you all,

- JP

4 comments:

  1. You should rattle the jar more often - it's a good reminder for me and I'll help out where I can. Being in New Zealand makes me so not a Texan but I spent a few weeks in Houston a while back and always did like Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Texas is a state of mind."

    ;-)

    - JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all you've done and continue to do. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete