Friday, January 8, 2010

Politically-motivated lawsuit against Gov. Palin dismissed

*
Another nuisance lawsuit that had been filed against Sarah Palin when she was governor of Alaska has been dismissed. The case was originally filed in March by Gregory Charles Royal, but Alaskan Kim Chatman later joined in the suit as a plaintiff.

The politically-motivated suit, which was dismissed by U.S. District Judge Timothy Burgess, had alleged that then Governor Palin had violated the plaintiffs' constitutional rights by not issuing a proclamation in 2007 to commemorating the freeing of slaves.

Assistant attorney general Margaret Paton-Walsh said the case appeared to be about more than the proclamation after the plaintiffs filed additional claims without merit in August accusing Palin of the attempted bribery.

More here.

- JP

2 comments:

  1. Took long enough, and the fact that anyone would bring a lawsuit like this is particularly sickening to me, a disabled person with a service dog. I understand real discrimination because I've experienced it, sometimes harshly.......but I don't go out filing lawsuits all the time. I'd probably be a wealthy woman if I did, but I'm a grown-up. Most of the time, I just shrug my shoulders and go on. The people going after Governor Palin obviously don't know what real, harmful discrimination is.

    I'm concerned that they still haven't resolved the attempt to shut down her legal defense fund. It's perfectly legal and modeled after similar funds used by prominent Democrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, everyone please pray for my brother who was scheduled for heart surgery this morning. I still haven't heard word and it's noon here. I'm concerned. He is my best friend in the world. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete