Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sarah Palin: It's never anyone's "turn" to be president

*
Asked by La Donna Hale Curzon this week on Sarah Palin Radio about Glenn Beck's remark that it's Mitt Romney's turn to be the GOP presidential nominee, Gov. Palin answered:
"Well, I don't think it's anybody's turn ever." 

"We've got to really, really work hard to build up that trust in the people for the people to elect you in a primary and general." 

"But Romney's a great guy. Glenn Beck's a really great guy, and I appreciate the diverse views and opinions that these fellows are going to be sharing with the rest of America through these next few years before a candidate does rise to the top of the GOP."
You can listen to the full Sarah Palin Radio interview here.

h/t: C4P

- JP

1 comment:

  1. I like Glenn but, for my taste, I find I can only take him in small doses. I have somewhat of the same vibe for Bill O'Reilly, for different reasons. Both fine commentators/Americans. Glenn makes a great deal of sense and has some excellent perspective, but after about half an hour of his schtick I start seeing more of a slightly neurotic "needy performer" and his commentary starts to suffer. Maybe it's just me. Could well be.

    Anyhow, I thought his big hour-long interview with Palin was very good, but also slightly weird, in some subtle ways. Instead of listening, Glenn seemed, typically, more into his own aura than hers, more eager to hold forth on his own opinions. He was very respectful, of course, but I did zero-in on one of his questions that left a big impression. He asked her (or, rather, he stated) ~his~ categorical belief that no one could go to Washington D.C.--NO ONE--without losing their soul because of the corruption. It was a bit jejeune, maybe, but a typical Beck "dramatic" question. Again, it was all about Glenn's particular fears, which may indeed represent the deep fears of many Americans. But I felt it was an unanswerable question, i.e. how does Sarah answer when Beck says he categorically believes that everyone who enters the Oval Office will lose their soul, presumably including her? Anyhow, I had the odd feeling, then, that Beck's fearful question, his bleak question, may reflect his own sense of growing influence in the entertainment world, which is (believe it or not) also a very corrupt, soul-sucking industry; quite similar to D.C. I have seen Beck "change" a lot more than Palin has changed under the pressure of the stage, the spotlight. Not condemning Glenn, here, just pondering. I think it's far too early and irresponsible for him (or anyone) to play overt kingmaker for a potential GOP candidate. In the case of Romney, the shared Mormonism makes such premature endorsement gamesmanship all the more strange and unadvisable.

    ReplyDelete