Thursday, January 21, 2010

Palin to Beck: "I decided I wanted to sleep well"

*
Sarah Palin was a guest on Glenn Beck's radio show Thursday, and she discussed Scott Brown's victory in Massachusetts, the Tea Party movement and why she's campaigning for John McCain.

A couple of excerpts from the full transcript:
"I think these messages sent via Virginia, New Jersey, Scott Brown's race in Massachusetts [to] politicians in D.C., in the GOP, and those independents are saying, okay, we're not alone in this anyway, look at this rising up of the tea party movement, of activists saying... we want a shrinkage of government, not a growth of government. We want less intrusion in our lives from our government..."

[...]

"In politics you are either eating well or sleeping well. I decided I wanted to sleep well and that's why I've made a lot of the decisions that I have that, yeah, really booted me outside of any kind of machine or any kind of I guess comfort and security that you would have knowing that a political machine has your back and they'll come bail you out and they will come defend you and they will get on the air and they'll tell you, oh, what a great decision. I haven't had that luxury at all. But I sleep well at night because I know that I'm doing what is in my heart, my soul, my gut. I believe that I am connected to a whole lot of Americans who think the way that I think, common sense, conservative ideals and principles. I'm sleeping well and I want Scott Brown and other politicians to be in that same position."
The full webcam and audio of the segment are at The Right Scoop

- JP

No comments:

Post a Comment