Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Part 2: They can't quit Sarah Palin

*
They call her a quitter because they just can't quit her:

I can't quit her
She's got a hold on me
She got her hand on my soul
I can't quit her
'cause I see her face everywhere I go
In the city streets, in the country fields
In the back of my mind
I know it can't be real
For a woman to possess
All the tenderness she had
But the hands of time
Keep tickin' on my back
'cause it's been so long
Since I had her back beside me,
Yeah, I know


Former Huckabee campaign manager Chip Saltzman told Fox News' Martha MacCallum that Sarah Palin's farewell address Sunday "was the first speech of the 2012 primary season. That was a campaign stump speech." Looking ahead, Saltzman said that "If your're gonna put together a presidential campaign this early out, you've got to decide when's your first trip to Iowa, because once she's done that, the media whirlwind starts up again." We're wondering... when did it ever die down?

I can't quit her
'cause on my darkest night
She comes on like a light
I can't quite her
Try as I may, with all my might
She had a woman's touch
And a young girls eyes,
And in seconds flat I was pros'lytized
Turned around,
And made to feel sweet love
But the hands of time
Keep tickin' on my back
'cause it's been so long
Since I had her back beside me


MoveOn.org proved that it can't do what its name implies by launching a new ad calling Palin "the new face of Republican opposition to clean energy." Never mind that as governor of Alaska, Palin tirelessly advocated for her state's natural gas resources, and natgas burns cleaner than coal, heating oil, gasoline and -- yes, moonbats -- it even burns cleaner than ethanol or biodiesel. Also never mind that Palin called for having fully half of Alaska's electricity generated by renewable resources by the year 2020. What good are facts when lying leftist Democrats are hell bent on destroying Sarah Palin?

True love is somethin'
Ev'ry young boy knows about
And he fights his whole soul all the best to find some


On Fox's Cavuto program, author and former Bush webmaster Jane Hampton Cook answered host Neil Cavuto's question by saying that Sarah Palin could indeed "pull off another Reagan" to get to the White House if she will "put forward her ideas on energy policy, on taxes, on health care."

I was a young boy
'till I held her in my arms
Now I find that I'm strung out behind some


Focus group guru Frank Lutz told Sean Hannity on FNC, "Whenever you go after the media it means that you're not going away... I think it's pretty clear that she's going to be a candidate for 2012." Luntz said Palin's farewell address was "a perfect stump speech for someone's who's looking at what's going to happen three years from now."

I can't quit her
She got her hand on me
She got a hold on my soul
'cause I see your face everywhere I go
I can't quit her, woo ooo yeah
I know
You know I see your face
Everywhere I go!
I need her... I need the little girl


Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty twice refused to take Geraldo Rivera's bait to diss Palin on FNC, calling her "a friend and a colleague and somebody I've worked with on a number of issues." T-Paw graciously said, "I don't think she's been ruled out or should be ruled out of future government service."

h/t: "I Can't Quit Her" -- written by Al Kooper and Irwin Levine -- appeared on the debut album "Child is Father to the Man" by Blood, Sweat & Tears released in 1968.

- JP

1 comment:

  1. Quite true, Josh.

    It's the most thrilling Resignation Speech in the History of America.

    Palin keeps making HISTORY of her own. Thank God she's always about American people.

    God Bless You, Sarah Palin!

    Thank you for praying for us, the COMMON PEOPLE.

    ReplyDelete