Tuesday, July 21, 2009

On a personal note...

*
I have resigned, effective today, my position as a RedState Front Page contributor.

It was not an easy decision. I will miss being a part of RedState and working with my former colleagues there, many of whom have become my friends. My focus, however is on helping Sarah Palin as best I can, and I realize that I have done as much for her at RedState as I will ever be allowed to do. On the positive side, I'll have much more time available for blogging projects and personal matters.

Looking toward the future, I have been invited to contribute at Warner Todd Huston's Publius' Forum and also at Palination - a new blog which I believe has a great future ahead of it. Both websites are staffed with some impressive contributors, and I am honored to be included among their ranks.

My work at Texas for Sarah Palin, The Book of Sarah and Blogs for Palin will continue unabated. As Governor Palin prepares to write a new chapter in her political career, I believe that it will also be an exciting new era in America's political history.

A new era at Texas for Sarah Palin also begins, as we welcome upinak as a full-time contributor. Warner Todd Huston, who has been featured as a special guest contributor to this website, is now a regular member of our TX4P staff.

It's a good time to be alive.

- JP

7 comments:

  1. It is indeed a good time to be alive!

    I'm sure your work will be missed at RedState, however each day brings new options to consider. You are sincere in your support of Governor Palin.

    As an Alaskan, I thank you for all you have done, and all you will do in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good man Josh, your services to Gov Palin and to the Republic are much appreciated by your readership...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, JP, good news! I've been a bit frustrated with both RedState and HotAir.

    My theory is that these are long-time political sites, and even they are clinging to the politics-as-usual SOP and so cannot see the new way that is Palin's Way.

    I understand some of their attitude towards some Palin supporters being too sensitive to any critique of her, but I think they're politics-as-usual attitude combines with over-the-top Palin supporters to create an overall doubtful, dismissive, and even mocking approach to Palin.

    As I said, disappointing.

    Glad to see you're still in the game and adding to Palination and Publius though.

    Palin's Internet Army seems to be getting all its ducks in a row.

    Is it July 27 yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good move. The comments at Red State following Sarah Palin's resignations showed a very narrow perspective. Unlike Bill Kristol, Ann Coulter, and Mark Levin, RS initial reaction was negative and showed very little appreciation for the importance of original thinking in leadership.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes JP. Glad to hear this site will continue as is. I check this site regularly as I enjoy your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh, you know how I feel about RS. While I respect Moe and Erick, they've become a bit narrow, in my view. And intolerant of any sort of criticisms of the GOP or Conservative Movement. And intolerant of anyone who doesn't align themselves w/the RS agenda. But they're no different than a lot of others.
    Now is the time for tough, constructive criticism of the GOP, Conservatives and, yes, sometimes Sarah. 2010 is looming before us like some Godzilla monster and we can't resign ourselves to another loss. We can't continue to be sloppy and ineffective. (and we have been!) Make no mistake, a loss for the GOP in 2010 will hurt Sarah and/or other GOP'rs chances in 2012. We must take back either the house or senate. Both would be sweet.
    When concerned folks offer up good constructive criticism, they shouldn't be booted from a sight. RS does too much of that, IMO. Their privilege.
    I appreciate your openness and tolerance on this site. Keep up the good work. Victory is our only option. DD

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart goes out to you. I sincerely empathize. I loved that site. They don't cotton to Sarah though. Ah well, life goes on. At the end of the day we have a winner with 'Cuda. Look at her eyes.She sees the end zone.

    ReplyDelete