Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Palin attorney Thomas Van Flein to join Paul Gosar's staff

"Rep. Gosar is getting a wise, experienced and principled hand..."
*
Palin family attorney Thomas Van Flein will be leaving the governor's inner circle to go to work for Congressman-elect Dr. Paul Gosar, whom Gov. Palin had endorsed as a candidate this year. CNN's Political Ticker confirmed the move -- first reported in an Anchorage newspaper gossip column Monday and then picked up by Politico -- with Gosar's office:
"I am pleased to have Tom Van Flein, with his experience and background, help me in D.C. with my District issues and the issues facing our country," said Gosar. "As one of my trusted advisers, I look forward to working with him in Washington and ensuring that we listen to the American people and work to uphold the principles that make this country great."

Van Flein is among only a handful of advisers with regular access to Palin, having served as both a legal, political, and media adviser to the former Alaska governor as she has navigated the political waters since her debut on the national stage in 2008. His is certain to leave a big hole in Palin's circle, especially as the former vice presidential nominee considers gearing up for a presidential election bid.

"Rep. Gosar is getting a wise, experienced and principled hand that will help him hit the ground running. Along with millions of Americans, I will be watching the new freshman class shake up D.C." Palin said in a statement.

[More]
- JP

1 comment:

  1. I went to the CCN's article's comments. I should have known - this people are really looney-toons kool-aide guzzlers! Their unabashed hatred shows how little they really THINK! There's nothing of substance there. I'm glad I looked. Better to know the enemy...

    ReplyDelete