Monday, April 19, 2010

Rand Paul: Sarah Palin is 'absolutely' qualified to be president

*
The Louisville Courier-Journal editorial board interviewed Rand Paul Saturday He was asked, at about the 12:50 mark in the video, if he thinks Sarah Palin is qualified to be president:
"Absolutely. I've been reading more about her. I haven't made it all the way through her book yet, but I've made it through about a third of her book in the last week or two. What strikes me, and where I feel a kinship to her, is that she battled sort of special-interest government, corporate government -- sort of the corporatism -- and some of the things that were going on in her state were being done by the Republican Party. She ran as an outsider against the machine of the party in Alaska and defeated them. A lot of it was on reform issues and it was over the oil money that was trading places and a lot of the people involved on the different commissions were people who were using it for their own personal gain. I think she sees that the system is broken and that we do need reform, so I think I do feel a lot of kinship with what she has. I think she also has something that you can't buy, and that's likability. I think that's important in being a spokesman for any kind of issues or for office."
- JP

No comments:

Post a Comment