Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Run, Sarah, Run!

From the August 2009 issue of Runner's World, an interview with Gov. Sarah Palin. An excerpt:
"I like running alone and having the Secret Service with me added a little bit of pressure. I'm thinking I gotta have good form and can't be hyperventilating and can't be showing too much pain and that adds a little more pressure on you as you're trying to be out there enjoying your run. Then I fell coming down a hill and was so stinkin' embarrassed that a golf cart full of Secret Service guys had to pull up beside me. My hands just got torn up and I was dripping blood. In the debate you could see a big fat ugly Band-Aid on my right hand. I have a nice war wound now as a reminder of that fall in the palm of my right hand. For much of the campaign, shaking hands was a little bit painful."
As one of Ace's commenters quipped, Gov. Palin actually admits that she fell down, while the arrogant John Kerry would have blamed a Secret Service agent for tripping him.

Read the entire interview. Runners World also includes a slide show with seven shots which prove that a bad photograph of the governor very rarely gets taken.

- JP

1 comment:

  1. I still have a hard time believing she can run incognito in a mob of tourists though, but I suppose she's done it before.

    I have to say I'm in decent shape, but I felt really, really lazy after reading that article.

    ReplyDelete