Friday, January 14, 2011

NYC Mayor Bloomberg: Don’t blame Sarah Palin

Political rhetoric not responsible for Tuscon shootings
*
Even progressive Michael Bloomberg says says Sarah Palin had nothing to do with last weekend’s shooting in Tucson. The New York City mayor told Politico Thursday:
I don’t think I’d blame Sarah Palin or any other individual.

I don’t think any of that (political rhetoric) had anything to do with this, but I don’t know the facts, and who knows what will eventually come out with this man?

This would appear to be a very deranged, perhaps on-drugs individual from what I’ve read.

And I think we should focus on somebody with a gun that has killed six people. And I think the president put it very well yesterday - the rhetoric should be at a discourse on the facts, and have more civility in it.
Bloomberg, a left-leaning independent whom Politico describes as "centrist," is a founder of the "No Labels" campaign.

- JP

No comments:

Post a Comment