Monday, August 3, 2009

Dan Fagan's "Come To Jesus" Moment

Dan Fagan has apologized to former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for making personal attacks on her character in his tirades against her.

While the temptation is strong to brush off Fagan's mea culpa with a snarky "too little, too late" comment and just move on, we won't do that. We are all sinners in the eyes of the Lord, and He chooses His own time and place to bless us with the transforming grace of the Holy Spirit, lifting us up out of the low place into which we have fallen.

So rather than cast another "too little, too late" stone, we choose to rejoice in "better late than never" instead. If a lost sheep has indeed been found, then it is surely cause for rejoicing, as Christ teaches us. Good Christian woman that she is, Sarah Palin will, we are confident, accept Dan Fagan's apology and add her voice to the rejoicing chorus.

But should Dan Fagan slide back into his "old ways" of attacking Gov. Palin,we'll be the first to call for a "tough love" intervention. Ronald Reagan found "trust, but verify" to be a prudent policy for dealing with the soviets. Wecan see other situations in which Reagan's advice can be useful, this one included.

- JP

6 comments:

  1. i don't buy it. he has mentals problems and stalkerish personality. i would keep a steady eye on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen JP.

    John 3:16 - including Dan Fagan

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a joke--Eddie Burke is the man!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know it sounded sincere to me. No excuses, just admitted that he was wrong and why. What cinched it for me was when he said he was going to contact each of those listed and apologize in person as well.

    I read brokenness and humility.

    I really hope it is for real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Until he attacks the Guv again I will take him at his word. He was willing to admit wrong so I am willing to give him a chance. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heck fire, Josh! I wrote a blog post last evening and I think you were in my head. You posted yours way before I did, but seems we enjoy the same bringing up... the 'come-to-Jesus' moment has been the descriptor of 'the lightbulb came on and now I see'!

    I truely want to see a reformed Fagan, not a backslider, but a forever reformed.

    ReplyDelete