Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snow Day in the Palin Camp

- Lisa Graas
*
Friday Night, January 8, 2010 --

At the moment, I'm wishing my four kids would just get along a little better as I sit here now with a hot cup of mint tea trying to relax after a rough day with them. They do pretty well, but some days are just very.................loud. When we have snow days and school is out, as was the case today, the schedule is disrupted and that makes it all the more likely that we'll have a hellish time......with fussing and whining and complaining that seems to never end........over petty things. Mommies rise above this, though, if they are worth their stuff. They sigh and roll their eyes and tell the kids they'll learn how the real world is someday. Someone has to be the grown-up, after all.

Ummmmm, no. That's actually a mistake some mommies make, and it's a mistake I made today with my kids. You see, the reason the kids were so troublesome today was only partly because the schedule was disrupted. The other reason was that I failed to provide sufficient discipline. I engaged in too much eye-rolling and complaining right back to them. That's not discipline. That's joining in........and it was the mistake I made today with my kids.

This reality sunk into me tonight, finally, so I sat the kids down for a family meeting and told them that I had made a mistake (which they loved hearing) and that it was that I hadn't provided enough discipline (which they hated hearing).

And now, here I am with my tea, considering the very "different" (or is it?) world of politics. I see that Sarah Palin is yet again being pointed out as the mean girl in the schoolyard who doesn't play with some kids, and the ones she does play with aren't really good enough, and I'm told that it's because she thinks she's better than others..........or maybe it's because of a communication problem and she needs better staff..........or maybe it's got something to do with a stipend or the lack of one.........or whatever. And then there are those who whine and complain that the whiners and complainers just "have it in" for lovely Sarah. These bloggers never really liked Sarah to being with, it was said, so they must be scum.......or something like that.

Pssssst. The Republican Party had a "snow day", folks. Our schedule was profoundly disrupted. Too many out there are lacking discipline. Some won't have it until we elect a president.........and maybe not even then, but having a president would certainly help a lot in the discipline department. In the meantime, well, you're all supposed to be grown-ups. What can I do?

In the Palin camp, some of us (not all), have discipline (Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit C) because we've already selected our choice for President for 2012.

And that's all I have to say about that.

- Lisa

Lisa Graas is editor of the Palin Twibe Blog and several other websites. She is a regular contributor to Texas for Sarah Palin.

No comments:

Post a Comment