Friday, December 4, 2009

Lars Larson Interviews Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin fielded questions Thursday on the Lars Larson Show. Some highlights...

Former Gov. Palin was asked about then-Gov. Mike Huckabee's decision to commute the sentence of a criminal who years later would murder four police officers in cold blood:
"It was a bad decision, obviously. But my heart goes out to Huckabee. I love him. I feel bad for him to be in this position, but I feel even worse for the victims' families in this situation... I do feel badly for Huckabee, but it's a horrible decision that was made."
She was then asked if she had granted any pardons or clemency as governor of Alaska:
"No, and I think most Alaskans know me well enough to know that I don't have a whole lot of mercy for the bad guys. I'm on the good guys' side, and yeah, I'm all about redemption and recovery and reform and all that, but I will always err on the side of clemency should be stricter and harder on the bad guys."
Larson asked the 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate if she would run as a third party candidate:
"That depends on how things go in the next couple of years... Some liberal Republicans have screwed up, and the base of our party's common sense conservatives -- not obsessively partisan, but just wanting common sense free market principles, strong military principles to be implemented to get our country on the right track -- and if the Republican Party gets back to that base, I think our party will become stronger, and there's not going to be a need for a third party..."
Listen to the full interview here.

- JP

No comments:

Post a Comment