Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Politico: Meghan Stapleton has resigned

*
POLITICO reports that Meghan Stapleton, senior adviser, spokeswoman and confidante to Sarah Palin has resigned:
Stapleton has been a Palin confidant since December 2006 and one of the governor’s most trusted aides since she was vaulted onto the national political scene by being picked as GOP presidential nominee John McCain’s running mate.

Stapleton said she resigned to spend more time with her husband and 2-year-old daughter, Isabella.

“While it has been an honor to help Governor Palin and her family over the last few years, I am also honored to have this incredible opportunity to stay home with my precious miracle, Isabella,” Stapleton told POLITICO. “At two years old, I have missed significant moments in her life but I look forward with great happiness to celebrating milestones as well as mundane moments with her as I refocus my priorities. I also look forward to seeing my saint-of-a-husband again, too!”

Since the end of the presidential campaign, Stapleton has been one of only a handful of aides and trusted contacts maintained by Palin through her transition from governor, to national political figure, to author, to Fox News contributor and one of the unofficial leaders of the tea party movement.
Read the full scoop by POLITICO's Andy Barr here.

Updates:

Meg - "I'm going to go play more now." 

The Fix  -  A look at the Palin inner circle.

- JP

1 comment:

  1. Meg! We love you, too! Thank you so very much for your loyalty and brilliant and effective service to all of us, for your massive contribution to Sarah Palin's forward motion has been, just as much, contribution to your country and its people.

    ReplyDelete