Monday, November 9, 2009

Independents Abandoning The Dems: A Case Study

We've commented often on the "boomerang" effect of how the radical Leftists are scaring independents away from the Democrats in droves. The hatred and venom the Left never ceases to display for Sarah Palin and any others it perceives as threats to their false gods, including Obama The Almighty, has gone beyond the point of diminishing returns. Even some liberals are being turned off by the radical leftist attacks, as Senneth chronicles in this post on The New Agenda blog:
I have been one of those loyal Democrats most of my life, a left wing liberal, who supported Hillary’s bid for the presidency with joy and fervor. I was dismayed and furious over the treatment Hillary received at the hands of the mainstream media, the Obama campaign, the Democratic National Committee, progressive talk radio, and some of the more prominent Democrats. I actually couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Cognitive dissonance displayed and experienced.

Soon the attacks moved to Governor Palin and her family, not her political positions or ideology, mind you, but her children, her family. It was truly an epiphany for me and lots of other people who, like me, became PUMAs and then Independents, leaving the Democratic Party in droves.

The most troubling of all these attacks for me, at any rate, were those from women – feminists – whom I’d respected for years. Women who had been leaders in the women’s movement and whose voices carried weight. I’ve been a women’s rights activist for years, a leader in my local community and state and the comments and attacks coming from these women leaders were not just troubling, they caused me to rethink my deeply- held beliefs and raised some questions for me as well.

[...]

This brings me to the point of this whole opinion piece: If we, as women, conspire and are complicit in helping other woman fail through attacks, ridicule, and judgmental behavior, how will we – all of us who are women – ever get ahead?
Read this thoughtful op-ed in full here.

Meanwhile, keep pouring on the vitriol against Sarah Palin, leftists. The more you attack this woman, the more thoughtful independents are turning their backs on you in disgust.

- JP

1 comment:

  1. Feminism >noun - the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of sexual equality.

    I would think Palin has to be good for feminism. She is a brave, smart, accomplished woman who stands up, even to the president, through unprecedented personal attacks. Sexual equality? I think men are playing catch up to HER strength and courage.

    ReplyDelete