Monday, November 16, 2009

Sarah Palin: Our ticket was perceived as the status quo

In her interview with Oprah Winfrey which aired on "The Oprah Show" Monday afternoon, Sarah Palin said that the McCain Palin ticket lost the 2008 presidential election because it was perceived as the status quo:
Oprah: Do you think in any way that if you had been allowed to be more of yourself and less scripted that there would have been a different outcome?

Sarah: Not necessarily. I think the reason that we lost -- the economy tanked under a Republican administration. People were sincerely looking for change. They were quite concerned about the road that America was on with our economy. They did not want more of the same. They did not want status quo, and I think unfortunately, our ticket represented what perceived as status quo. I don't think that I was to blame for losing the race any more than I could be credited with winning the race had I done a better job as a v.p. candidate.
Real Clear Politics has the video clip of this segment of the interview here. The Oprah Show's recap of the full interview is here.

- JP

No comments:

Post a Comment