Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Malek: Arlen abandoned allies for another team

Republican Party heavyweight Fred Malek, perhaps Gov. Sarah Palin's most important admirer inside the GOP establishment, guest-posted today at RedState.com on the occasion of his old friend Arlen Specter's switch back to the Democrat party. Excerpts:
I have always viewed the GOP as a Big Tent Party, and appreciate the inclusion of moderates like Arlen.

However, in leaving the Republican Party, Arlen has abandoned people who have been his allies for another team. He has thrown in with people who have a fundamentally different vision for America, and one that I profoundly disagree with.

-snip-

I will be supporting Pat Toomey for US Senate against my friend Arlen Specter. Right now, Barack Obama and the Democratic Party are taking America in the wrong direction. And we need a strong voice in the Senate fighting for our party’s perspective against them.
I normally have very little use for moderates. Fred Malek is a rare exception to my rule of "Don't trust moderates; they will stab you in the back and walk all over your corpse." He is, first and foremost, a party guy, and his loyalty to and passion for the GOP are without peer. I'm not a party guy (I'm for conservative principles first), but I can appreciate that. And I will always appreciate him for his kindness to Gov. Sarah Palin, his admiration of her, recognition of her political potential and support of her, always talking up the governor to the Republican Party's other movers and shakers.

- JP

No comments:

Post a Comment