Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Newt Gingrich for the GOP Presidential Nomination

And a new blog to support his candidacy
*
Your editor has been evaluating the field of announced candidates for the GOP presidential nomination for the past two weeks. It took nearly that long to even get started on the process while reeling from Sarah Palin's October 5 announcement that she wasn't going to run. As I stated a couple of days ago, I was leaning toward Newt Gingrich. After weighing all the evidence, I'm now fully on board with the former Speaker of the House.

This blog is dedicated to advocating the Reagan conservative principles which Gov. Palin embraces, and it will continue to do so. As I have promised, as long as there is news to report about the governor, and as long as I am able, I'll report it here. I won't use this site to further campaign for Newt Gingrich beyond the occasional link or widget. Instead, I've created a new blog for that purpose, Reagan-Palin Conservatives for Newt Gingrich. The reasons why I'm endorsing Newt and will work for his nomination are laid out there in the first post.

The bottom line is I can't sit around to wait for Sarah Palin to endorse a candidate for president, nor do I believe that she would want me to do so. She may not even make an endorsement before the primary race is settled. I'm a Palin supporter, not a Palinbot, and the same independent thinking that led me to back her in the first place compels me work hard to send the Obamas back to Chicago. I'll continue to support Gov. Palin as she fights to restore the republic Barack Obama seems bent on destroying. But I also have to get about the business of helping the candidate I believe is best qualified to make Obama a one-term president while carrying the Reagan-Palin banner, and I've concluded that Speaker Gingrich is that candidate. Whether you agree or disagree with my assessment, I hope you'll continue to visit here. And if you agree, I hope to see you at the new site as well.

- JP

No comments:

Post a Comment