Saturday, May 1, 2010

TheBlogProf: Sarah Palin in Michigan

*
TheBlogProg was at the Sarah Palin speech this morning in Clarkston, Michigan:
The event occurred right after massive thunderstorms rolled through the area. Thousands showed up anyway including huge tea party groups. There were supposed to be counterprotesters there but for the few hours that I was there I could not find a single one. And I was looking! The crowd was upbeat and cheery despite the rain. Many were there at 6 in the morning to see Sarah Palin speak at 9am. The auditorium at Mount Zion Church was packed full of patriots and there was also a good ensemble of media there as well. Several thousand showed up to enthusiastically greet the former Alaskan Governor and Vice Presidential candidate. The auditorium at Mount Zion was packed full.

The blogging Michigander captured some video and photos from the event:
I got about the first 25 minutes of her speech before someone from American for Prospertity asked me to stop. I obliged but pointed out that just about everyone with a cell phone was recording the speech anyway. AfP were filming the whole thing with 3 professional cameras, but nobody could tell me if it would be uploaded to the internet.
Read TheBlogProf's full after action report here.

6 comments:

  1. You folks are doing a great job of getting informaion out on Sarah. I also follow her on Conservatives4Sarah and you are beating them to the punch. Her speech in Michigan was great and what a huge crowd and they loved her. I think she will run and could win if she does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah could not ask enough times, "Do you love your freedom?" This question is the very heart of our movement, its raison d'etre, and why we will get our constitution back and, I pray, the very mantra that will cause us in the future to hold fast to it and NEVER again allow the power-hungry Left to gain an ounce of sway over our personal choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I know that appearance is a "taboo" topic, but Darn can that women vamp a dress. Sarah and I are the same age, I'm in good shape, but nothing like her. Nothin' Dowdy there. I agree with Tom - I'm a C4P follower, but I find myself choosing your blog first, you are doing a fantastic job and I don't think you have a staff. This site - Rocks - keep it up. - Please keep sharing her energy we need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I HAD a staff, but they all deserted me. Must have been my Simon Legree management style... j/k.

    Seriously, thank you all for your most kind words. There may be bigger blogs, but none work harder than we do.

    - JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to the Mt Zion website, their auditorium holds 3,000, and from the video and from what I've read, it sounds like a full house. It's common for the media to downplay the numbers attending events they don't like, that is why AP and the Detroit Free Press are reporting 1,500 to 2,000. There are already thousands waiting to see her in Kansas City.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you looking for staff or just enjoying running your own show. You do so well I would never guess you were going solo. 50 points for American Intensity. Keep going Josh we need you.

    ReplyDelete