Monday, June 14, 2010

Sarah Palin: No UK trip arranged... yet.

*
In a post on Facebook Monday, Sarah Palin responded to the buzz generated by a story in the British press that she was planning a visit to the UK. The governor explained that she has been invited to visit England and meet Margaret Thatcher. Though such a trip has yet been arranged, Gov. Palin said, she hopes to arrange the visit at an unspecified future date:
Concerning a Possible Trip to the United Kingdom

Following an article in a British publication on Sunday, I’ve received questions about a possible trip to the United Kingdom. I have received an invitation for a visit to London, and part of that invitation included the offer of arranging a meeting between myself and one of my political heroines, the “Iron Lady,” Margaret Thatcher. I would love to meet her and hope I’ll be able to arrange the trip in the future.

As I wrote last year when I offered her birthday wishes, Baroness Thatcher’s life and career serve as a blueprint for overcoming the odds and challenging the “status quo.” She started life as a grocer’s daughter from Grantham and rose to become Prime Minister – all by her own merit and hard work. I cherish her example and will always count her as one of my role models. Her friendship with my other political hero, Ronald Reagan, exemplified the special relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom.

- Sarah Palin

No comments:

Post a Comment