Thursday, January 28, 2010

Meghan McCain: Sarah Palin has the "panache" to win in 2012

*
Progressive Republican Meghan McCain, fielding questions from the audience at a speaking engagement at the University of Florida last night, remarked that she "liked" her father's former running mate Sarah Palin despite the differences in the two women's respective politics:
“I liked Sarah,” McCain said, “To me she represents a lot of feminist ideals. Our politics differ.”

She added, “I can’t stand here and say I hate her…I think anybody that underestimates her at any point is very foolish.”

McCain said she couldn’t comment any further because she plans to go into great detail about her experiences and conversations with Palin in her new book, Dirty Sexy Politics: A True Story, due to be released in August. The book is about life on her father’s campaign.
When asked if she thought former Gov. Palin could win the presidential election if she decides to run in 2012...
“Oh sure,” McCain answered, “I honestly haven’t seen another candidate so far that I believe has the panache.”
- JP

No comments:

Post a Comment